Minecraft is a timeless game that you can play with your friends or strangers. But many times your Minecraft launcher won’t open, thus making you unable to play the game. This can be very frustrating but it is an issue that you need not worry about. That is because there are some fixes that can help you resolve this problem. So in this guide let us take a look at how to fix Minecraft launcher not opening problem.
How to Fix Minecraft Launcher Not Opening Issue?
These are some of the fixes that should help you fix and start the Minecraft Launcher.
- Run it as Administrator: Press the Windows button on your keyboard. Search for Minecraft. Click on Run as Administrator, you can see this option on the right or right-click on the icon and select it from the dropdown. Alternatively, if you have the game’s icon on your home screen then you can right-click on it. And from here choose to Run as Administrator.
- Update Graphics drivers: Keeping your drivers up to date is generally a good practice. And keeping your graphics driver updated is especially important not just for Minecraft but other games as well. You can update your graphics drivers by searching for them on the official websites of Nvidia and AMD.
- Restart Minecraft after ending its process: Launch your Task Manager by right-clicking on the taskbar and clicking on Task Manager or pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc. Here look for Minecraft in the Processes tab, right-click on it and choose End task. Now try launching Minecraft and it should start working.
- Whitelist Minecraft or Disable Antivirus: Depending on the Antivirus you use you might have it conflict with the Minecraft launcher. And this conflict prevents Minecraft Launcher from starting. You can easily resolve it by adding the Minecraft launcher to the Whitelist of your Antivirus. Alternatively, you could also fix it by disabling the Antivirus while you play the game.
- Reinstall Minecraft: If none of the above fixes work then you should simply uninstall Minecraft from your system. Once the game is uninstalled, reinstall it and the Minecraft Launcher should work now.
That sums up this guide on how to fix the Minecraft launcher not opening. If you like playing this game then you should find our guides helpful for how to add custom skins in the education edition and how to dye leather armor.