Many Diablo 2 Resurrected players are looking to install and get a Loot Filter in D2R, due to a lack of inbuilt one in the game. Even though auto pick up can do parts of this job, the main issue comes where you can to then figure out what to keep and not while you are chopping the path to your objectives. That said, on the other side we have players are are not happy with the current status of the game and firmly believe a loot filter will not be added to D2R. So for all the players who are in need of this feature, here’s how to get one.
How to Install & Get Diablo 2 Resurrected (D2R) Loot Filter?
We have found a perfectly working Loot Filter in nexus mods, created by Cbraqz. Here’s how to get and install this Diablo 2 Resurrected (D2R) Loot Filter, from the creator himself:
- Make sure you have 30GB of free space in your HDD.
- Download CascView by performing a quick Google search.
- It will come in a zip file.
- Keep the file in your D2R game directory.
- Open CascView using the default config.
- On the top left corner, you will find the Open Storage button.
- Click on it.
- Go to your D2R Data Location.
- This folder will be usually located as “Diablo II Resurrected\Data”.
- Select this folder from the window.
- Now from CascView go to Data\Data.
- Select all the three folders of Global, HD, & Local.
- Now extract the contents to “Diablo II Resurrected\Data”.
- Now you will find additional folders in “Diablo II Resurrected\Data”.
- The location should now have these folders: Config, Data, Global, HD, Indices, and Local.
- Now take .json files from rar and paste them here. Click on the “overwrite” option if prompted.
- Create a shortcut file to your install directory’s D2R.exe.
- Now right-click the shortcut and navigate to properties.
- Now add the following commands:
- Diablo II Resurrected\D2R.exe” -direct -txt
- You can also add “-direct -txt” inside battlnet launcher.
- To do this click on the Settings (gear icon) near the Play button in battlnet launcher.
- Now tick on additional command-line arguments.
- Add -direct -txt in here.
This method allows you to play multiplayer from Battlenet. And for mods you can directly open the shortcut file you just created
D2R Loot Filter MPQ Version Install Steps
This method does not need you to extract the D2R Data Files (extraction takes loo long):
- First, go to Diablo II Resurrected folder.
- Create a Mods folder here.
- Now copy the Loot “Filter” folder inside this mods folder you created.
- This is how the Filter.mpq location should look like:
- Diablo II Resurrected/mods/Filter/Filter.mpq
- Now create a D2R.exe shortcut file.
- Navigate to properties.
- Now copy this “-mod Filter” command there, and it should look like this:
- Diablo II Resurrected\D2R.exe” -mod Filter
- Once you start the game now, a new save folder will be created for mod.
- Your D2R save files will be located at:
- C:\Users\[Your Account]\Saved Games\Diablo II resurrected\mods\Filter
- Finally, you need to copy all the save here.
How to Change Colors in Diablo 2 Resurrected Loot Filter
Here is the reference you can use to change color for Loot Filer within the .json file:
- First open.json file
- Then press Ctrl+F and search for “ÿc”
- The values you beside ÿc indicated the color you are viewing.
- So change the values as per the color you need.
- Here are color codes:
- ÿc1 means Red color.
- ÿc2 means Green color.
- ÿc3 means Blue color.
- ÿc4 means Gold color.
- ÿc5 means Grey color.
- ÿc6 means Black color.
- ÿc7 means Gold color.
- ÿc8 means Amber color.
- ÿc9 means Yellow color.
- ÿc0 means White color.
- ÿc; means Purple color.
- ÿcO means Pink color.
That’s everything you need to know about how to download, get, and install D2R Loot Filter in Diablo 2 Resurrected. While you are here, make sure to check out more of our Diablo 2 Resurrected Guides like, how to remove gems, how to fix chat not working issues, and a control guide for PC & all consoles.